Question by  kenkary (33)

What could be the cause of getting a low voltage reading on an electrical outlet?

I need help with my outlets.


Answer by  Sparky101 (366)

There are numerous causes for low voltage at receptacles, the most common cause is the loss of the neutral conductor. Other causes could be faulty wiring or a faulty installation. If in doubt contact a qualified electrician and have them research the problem for you. In certain situations the circuit must be energized to perform trouble shooting.


Answer by  manuelr78 (43)

You should check your breakers or fuses. If the breaker or fuse is damaged, and is not tripped or open, could be putting less than standard voltage in the outlet.


Answer by  mani (813)

Voltage and current are two factors of power and are inversly proportioanal. When voltage decreases current will increase. So in case of low voltage,current will increase creating a lot of heat and the eqipment in use will get damaged.

You have 50 words left!