Question by  worker2629 (15)

What can I do if I need to catch up on my property tax loan and get my property taxes paid but I do not have the money?

It seems I do not have much options and I need suggestions.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Property tax forms will have a check box for spacing out the payments in two installments. If that does not work for you, go to the county courthouse or tax assessor office and ask to set up a payment plan. If you do not pay, they may put a property tax lien on the house.


Answer by  Kurt (4579)

You need to contact the taxing entity ( county, city, etc) and assure them you want to pay your bill. You do NOT want to have them think you are not cooperative and have them put a lien on your property. Suggest a monthly payment plan that fits your budget.


Answer by  worker2746 (2434)

You can file for a hardship extension to the town you live in on the property taxes. They are not in the business of taking back property so should be more than willing to work with you on this issue. They are most interested in getting income from the taxes themselves.


Answer by  slkunz2003yahoocom (836)

Communicate with the tax office. See if you can make payment arrangements for the most delinquent taxes first. Sell something, work overtime, do SOMETHING to get the most delinquent taxes paid, or you could lose your property at public auction.


Answer by  technogeek (6640)

You will need to contact the city tax assessor and try to make a deal to get your taxes paid.

You have 50 words left!