Question by  shannon59 (14)

What can be done about corrupt executors of a will?

My aunt's will is being handled by very corrupt executors.


Answer by  Kurt (4579)

You can make a complaint to the state ethics commission of the state bar ( lawyer association ) and detail what the executor's did improperly. Your complaint will need to be very specific and proof or documentation would be helpful.


Answer by  patti (29325)

If you can't resolve your concerns through the attorney who prepared the Will, you must file a motion to be heard in the appropriate court.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Contact the court holding the probate and show any proof you have of your concerns. For example, if you have records of excessive charges, you can contact them immediately. If those executing the will started to sell things before property was distributed, that is also actionable.


Answer by  Miranda (28)

You may submit your concerns to the probate judge administering the estate proceedings. You may also lodge a formal complaint with the court in writing.


Answer by  withsmluck (793)

Any will can be contested, but the burden of proof is on the person contesting the will. There needs to be not only good reason for contesting it, but proof that the will should be contested. There are time frames that limit the time you have to contest the will as well as other guidelines.

You have 50 words left!