Question by  LeftyLucy (31)

What advice can you give me if my home was foreclosed on?

I just received notice that my home is being foreclosed, I knew we were getting close as I have not been working for some time.


Answer by  rkaudia (63)

You need to talk to a lawyer about filing for bankruptcy, it will stop the foreclosure. A lawyer can tell you more and most will offer a free consultation. The bankruptcy may be able to provide enough relief so that you can keep your house. Good luck, there's a lot of people in the same situation now.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

Whatever you do make sure you answer the foreclosre summons. If you do not then a default judgement will be entered againts you. If you can't make any agreement at least this will give you time to get an attorney or find somewhere else to live.


Answer by  patti (29325)

The most important thing is to find a new place to live ASAP. If you cannot bring the mortgage up-to-date, there's not much else you can do.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Try to arrange a short sale, either on your own or with a real estate agent. If you can sell the house for an amount equal to the debt, then the lender cannot sue you for a deficit.

You have 50 words left!