Question by  loslosbaby (33)

Is there any way of stopping a divorce proceeding?


Answer by  patti (29325)

A divorce proceeding can be halted if the party filing withdraws the petition. No other party can intervene and stop a divorce proceeding.


Answer by  ammoworker (27)

If you and your spouse have filed for a divorce but have changed your minds it is possible to stop the proceeding, provided the judge has not yet made a final decision on the case. You will need to file the appropriate paperwork to terminate the proceedings.


Answer by  kmoore (60)

If both parties agree to stopping-meaning you have reconciled, then it is up to the person who filed to contact the court and cancel the proceedings. Every state has their individual laws for this, so be sure that you get it done within the allotted timeline.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

If both parties want to cancel the Divorce you are able to. Go to your lawyers and say that you are going to reconcile and you no longer want a divorce.

You have 50 words left!