Question by  nupur66 (22)

Is there a law that protects you when your employer refuses to pay you for all the hours you worked?

My company does not pay me for total hours worked, only hours scheduled to work.


Answer by  shego (255)

Yes there is. You can go to your local state labor board with your complaint. Your employer cannot legally terminate your employment while the case is being reviewed, or afterwards.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

If you are salaried, you do not have to be paid overtime. If you are hourly, they are legally obligated to pay all hours worked. Report them to the Department of Labor for labor violations. You should try to get any proof of time worked, such as copies of time sheets, or your own log of time worked.


Answer by  Mallika (449)

Yes you can give a complaint at labour office. For that correct in and out register should be there. And you should have signed in that register.

You have 50 words left!