Question by  Rajesh (329)

How can you clean of ring mold?

After I wear a ring for a while, the band parts starts to turn green or become discolored.


Answer by  pagan23 (1342)

First of all, it isn't mold. Copper turns green when it reacts with different elements. Most metals are mixed with copper. To avoid the green colouring buy pure metals instead.

posted by Anonymous
It is mold when it's Sterling Silver!!!  add a comment

Answer by  chriskim (61)

You can purchase a special jewelry cleaner which has a tray you use to dip the jewelry into a solution. Alternatively you can soak the ring in ammonia for 15-20 seconds, rinse with water and repeat if necessary.


Answer by  Mello10 (130)

First try cleaning with soapy water and a toothbrush, followed by a bleach rinse. Then purchase jewelry cleaner specific to the metal of the ring - ie: silver cleaner for silver. Apply a small amount of the cleaner at a time and rub into the metal until the ring is shiny again and the mold is gone.


Answer by  ApprenticeJenn (959)

This isn't mold, it's a chemical reaction between the metal and your skin, sometimes caused by hand lotion. Use jewlery cleaner or a buffing cloth to clean your ring.

You have 50 words left!