Question by  jane21 (22)

Is it possible to get contract work filling out tax forms?

I'm looking for all the work I can get.


Answer by  Att4372 (1704)

If you are a registered tax professional (attorney, CPA, or enrolled agent), you can find contract work as a tax preparer; otherwise, you would need to work as a supervised employee and sign the returns you prepare. If you are simply doing mechanical data entry, you are not a preparer and can work as a contractor (non-employee).


Answer by  Duncan (1124)

Some tax preparation companies such as H&R Block will hire tax preparers on a contract basis close tot he April 15th deadline for filing taxes. Getting one of these contract positions, however, usually requires that the person take a certification course from the company, which can cost thousands of dollars and takes several weeks to complete.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

Since tax season is such a short one odds are you will not get enough work to carry you all year.


Answer by  hveshdon (4)

As long as you are or will become an enrolled agent, you should be able to.


Answer by  angiem1981 (1059)

Yes. Agencies such as H&R Block often hire "seasonal" CPA's and/or other qualified individuals to assist during tax season. However, whether or not the work is contract will depend on the individual company but these opportunities are available.


Answer by  Gabriel (2146)

If you chose to fill out tax forms as a source of income, make sure you understand you are liable for any errors on the return.

You have 50 words left!