Question by  berwynbob (49)

Is it possible to contest a divorce?


Answer by  kaylalynn (91)

Yes it possible, you don't just have to accept it. You can hire a lawyer to stall paperwork, set court action, you have the right to be married.

posted by Anonymous
if I want counseling to try to save my marriage. can I get the judge to require it. this is in the state of california  add a comment

Answer by  ts9818a (139)

You could try your best, but most likely this will just stall the outcome. If one party truly desires divorce, there is not a whole lot that can be done.


Answer by  maber (1427)

Yes, but you only have a limited time to do so. The best thing to do is get an attorney and let them know that you are being sued for divorce and you want to contest it. They will file the paperwork needed right away and you would have to appear in court.


Answer by  TeresaL (150)

Yes. Anytime there is a contract between two people and you have to sign it, if you do not agree with what the contract says you do not have to sign it. You can have another contract done and then the other person involved would have to agree with it to sign as well.


Answer by  MizA (42)

Yes. If you don't want a divorce or you don't agree with the terms of the divorce you can contest it.

You have 50 words left!