Question by  cc (23)

In chess, how do you switch the king and the rook?

I know there's a chess move that lets you trade the king and the castle, but I don't know how to do it or what it's called.


Answer by  coolnoob1 (25)

It's called castling. If neither the king nor the rook have moved from their original positions, and there are no pieces between them, you can move the king two spaces over, then move the rook next to it toward the center of the board.

posted by Anonymous
Another condition is that no spaces between them are under attack (i.e. not only neither piece can be under direct threat but also no space in the path of either piece can be under direct threat)  add a comment

Answer by  eamuscatuli (80)

The move is 'Castling' and can be done assuming niether piece has been moved, there are no pieces between them and the king is not in check.

You have 50 words left!