Question by  SammyL (30)

I'm scared, and I have colon cancer. Where should I go for help?


Answer by  mpartin (1600)

The doctor that treats and administers chemotherapy is called an oncologist. You may also require surgery as to have part of the affected colon removed for an increase in chances of survival.


Answer by  mpartin (1600)

To see an oncologist. They specialize in cancer and its treatment. They will be the one to tell you about the chemo and treatments needed depending on your stage of cancer. They may also refer you to a radiation specialist if you have to have readiation treatments in addition to the chemo.


Answer by  Mary39 (521)

The first thing you should do is go to your family physician and discuss with them the symptoms that you are having.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Get a referral to an oncologist for treatment as soon as possible. Your odds of survival go up the faster it is treated. You may need surgery, chemotherapy, radiation or a combination of these treatments. If you don't have an oncologist, as the diagnosing doctor for a referral.


Answer by  ijlalnoor (2656)

You should visit your nearest oncologist immediately without even thinking twice. The condition you are in is really serious and you require medical attention.


Answer by  Sylvia (759)

There are several options available. Mayo clinic. Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Both have mulitple locations. Also, check with your doctor for a specialist in your area.


Answer by  SIDDHU (861)

You should immediately consult doctor and depending on the condition the doctor will go for surgery. The doctor will bypass it. So dont be afraid but take someone with you and consult immediately.

You have 50 words left!