Question by  clambait112 (25)

If dad's blood type is A+ and mom's is O+, what blood type is the baby?


Answer by  rosieposey78 (1304)

There are 3 alleles in the population: A, B, or O. Two alleles are inherited. For type A, they will have either AA or AO. Type O will have OO. Rh works in the same way. If Rh +, the person will either have ++ or +-. The baby may end up with A+, A-, O+, or O-.

posted by Anonymous
It's important to note though that both parents have to be heterozygous for O - to be possible (excluding Bombay blood disease). This means the genotype is AaRr for the dad and ooRr for the Mom. 1/16 chance for O-.  add a comment

Answer by  EmmaKitty (236)

If Dad is A+ & Mom is O+, the baby has a 75% chance of being A+, & a 25% chance of being O+.

Reply by India (49):
Types A and O can never produce type O offspring. For a child to be type O both parents would have to be.  add a comment

Answer by  SandyG (807)

If one parent is A and the other is O, the baby can have either type A or O. The baby cannot have AB or B.

Reply by India (49):
Not possible  add a comment

Answer by  Sabharish (1610)

The blood group of a child mainly depends on the genetic factors during the formation of the embryo and cell division. In case of A+ and O+ there are chances for A+ and O+ and there are other chances like grandparent's blood group like A- or O- or AB+ etc


Answer by  India (49)

Type A. There is no way for the child to be type O


Answer by  Anonymous

That's ridiculous "India". My grandmother is O+ & my grandfather is A+. Both my aunt & my mother are O+.

You have 50 words left!