crime  legal


Question by  carrie39 (22)

I was wrongfully accused and sat in prison for something I did not do, how can I clear my name?


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

Hire yourself a really good lawyer and start gathering your own evidence. Find something that clears your name and then bring it to the Police Department. Good luck with this adventure.


Answer by  Stan567 (417)

It depends on your jurisdiction. Many states have a way to expunge convictions, other states have a way to petition the court for a finding of actual innocence. Which is best for you may depend on your ability to prove your innocence. If you have a strong case for innocence, you might try a lawsuit to make your case.

You have 50 words left!