first aid


Question by  moma2boys (48)

How do you treat 2nd degree burns?


Answer by  mbtoda (106)

If the burn is larger than three inches in diameter, or on your face or hands, you'll need to seek medical attention. If not then simply running cold water over the burn until the pain subsides. Also, you can also submerge the burn in cold water. Then you should wrap the burn in gauze to protect it until it heals.


Answer by  DRS (621)

If it is a very small burn, treat the wound with antibiotic ointment and cover it loosely with a bandage. Repeat this every few hours until the burn has healed. If the burn is large, you should seek medical attention. Remember, if the wound looks infected, go to a doctor!


Answer by  Ruby40 (372)

See a doctor if the burn is larger than 3 inches or on a sensitive body part. Otherwise cool with ice, bandage with sterile gauze and watch for infection.


Answer by  spyman0071 (86)

You apply burn cream to the burn and then wrap the burn. Also when you shower just use lukewarm water so it doesn't make the burn hurt.


Answer by  gmedich (93)

The blister that forms should be left in place. The wound should be kept clean with soap and water, covered with a bandage to reduce pain and contamination.

You have 50 words left!