Question by  Jadeep (9)

How do you obtain copies of your federal prison records?

I would like to get a copy of my prison records for my own keeping.


Answer by  LeheckaG (1826)

Contact either the specific prison(s) at which you were incarcerated, or the Federal Bureau of Prisons First street N.W., Washington, DC 20534 with your written request & DOJ-361 identification form.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Write to the prison system and request your files under the Freedom of Information Act. There are a number of websites that explain the process and give simple examples of these letters. You may be expected to pay a minimal fee for copying. You are entitled to copies of the files.


Answer by  marcy (69)

Write the to Bureau of Prisons and request them. There is a special form and you may have to have your signature notarized. The Freedom of Information Act applies and you should be able to get your records. It may be beneficial to call first.

You have 50 words left!