crime  legal


Question by  ellajavier (24)

How do you get rid of open arrest warrants?

I want to travel, but there's a bogus warrant out for me.


Answer by  m3ta4 (774)

To get rid of arrest warrants that are currently open, you should speak to a lawyer. Your other option would be to turn yourself in.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Address the warrant. Hire an attorney to accompany you, then go to the police to inquire. You may be arrested briefly, but if the warrant is bogus, it won't take much to resolve it so that you can get on with your life.


Answer by  BBB16 (71)

Contact the DA, public defender, criminal defense attorney and cops in the jurisction where the warrant was issued. They will communicate with each other and quash the warrant.


Answer by  DavidSharif (194)

You're going to have to go to the courthouse and handle it there, as unpleasant as that will be. You'll probably be booked and all.

You have 50 words left!