Question by  Jennifer10 (22)

How do I remove a flyback transformer from an RCA television d52w20?

My tv is giving me fits, can you help me with fixing it.


Answer by  icyblue (236)

The stuff is gonna cost you about 80 dollars. If you mess it up fiddling with the flyback transformer or what you think is the flyback transformer it's gonna cost you a lot more and also kill your ego. Get a real TV guy to sort out your RCA d52w20!


Answer by  jeyR (264)

Once you open the TV you'll see a couple of clips that hold the flyback transformer in place. Carefully remove them and replace them with a flyback transformer of the same rating that is compatible with the RCA d52w20.

Reply by rejoice (216):
There are just way too many clips on the d52w20!! Is it those plastic ones? And are they really easy to remove? I've heard that you can permanently damage the transformer's contacts if you remove them the wrong way.  add a comment
You have 50 words left!