real estate


Question by  multikittymom (75)

How do I go about adding a spouse to my mortgage?


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

You have to get the paperwork and put his name on it. Get it notarized and then file it at the appropriate city office.


Answer by  albsab (68)

Call the mortgage company. Your spouse is likely going to have to pass a credit check and yoru loan documents will need to be updated. Expect to pay a processing fee.


Answer by  SandyG (807)

Contact the company you make monthly payments to. They will direct you. Also, notify the county for property tax records.


Answer by  patti (29325)

If you have a mortgage in your name, the only way to add your spouse is to have the mortgage rewritten, naming both of you as responsible parties. At this point, the home is yours and is not considered joint property


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

It is easier to add your spouse to the title, go to your courthouse, and they will guide you. To add to the mortgage, you will have to consult your lender and may need to basically have your mortgage re-written with their financial information.


Answer by  StarOne (941)

You will have to contact the lender of your mortgage. They are the only ones that can do this. It may require refinancing.


Answer by  hellomoto (125)

I think that in order to do that you would have to refinance the mortgage adding the spouse and their income to the mortgage.

You have 50 words left!