Question by  chea (23)

How do I get a father to give up his rights to his child?

I am better suited to take care of my child.


Answer by  SashaDarkCloud (5764)

You can't force someone to give up their paternal rights. If you do that is against the law and you can be thrown in jail. I think what you really want is sole custody of your kids. You will have to discuss that with a lawyer and go to court. Though the father can get visitation rights.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

If he gives up his rights to the child, you may lose all rights to child support. In some states, the judge may not allow this because the child support is considered necessary to avoid poverty for the child. If you remarry, you can request the father give up his rights so the stepfather can adopt.


Answer by  jadeardurff (18)

you cant force anyone to do anything but maybe you should try and get custody of your kids.

You have 50 words left!