Question by  simplyellie (89)

How do I file a lawsuit for a major dog bite?


Answer by  patti (29325)

You just see an attorney, first to evaluate the case, then to file an action. Consideration will be given to the injuries, the long-term effects of same, the circumstances of the events and the assets of the dog owner.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Seek the counsel of an attorney who deals in person injury actions. Most will meet with you for a free consultation to determine if your injury is worthy action.


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

You need to have very good proof- hospital files, etc to prove that you incurred the injury. The court will also be looking for police records. You should consult an attorney to walk you through a personal injury case. If you have waited to file, and didn't call the police, that isn't going to help your case.


Answer by  lovemypitbulls (146)

obtain a lawyer, the talk to the district attorney. you must provide documentation of the bite, including times, dates, & police reports.


Answer by  Mary (2095)

This depends on the severity of the damage done by the dog. You can sue in small claims court, but there are limits. Otherwise, seek legal advice.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

First you have to get to a doctor right away and make sure all of your bites and other medical issues are fully documented. Take lots of pictures. You need to file a report with animal control and make sure you contact the owner of the pet and inform them. Then get an attorney who specializes in animal injury.


Answer by  withluck (1745)

If you are filing a lawsuit to get medical reimbursement for a dog bite, than you can file with the Justice of the Peace and file a small claims suit. If the damages exceed that of small claims court or are criminal in nature, then you should seek an attorney.

You have 50 words left!