Question by  rayven8099 (199)

How do I answer a divorce summons?


Answer by  Lady654 (52)

Hire an attorney. The worst thing you can do is not have one. You want to make sure that your interests are protected. Your attorney will handle the summons for you. Who knows you may not even have to show up for court.


Answer by  David90 (20)

You should always consult a lawyer, but you can answer a divorce summons yourself. Your answer to the summons should be an accept or deny of what is written, and done paragraph by paragraph (some points you can deny, others you can accept). After finishing it, make sure to file it and send the proper amount of copies.


Answer by  dr84bhl (2789)

You will have to see your own solicitor because it is a legal document that has to be annulled through the courts. Also the financial side has to be sorted such as property and money settlements. A official representative will work in your best interests.


Answer by  bekkashay (98)

You need to respond. You have to go to your local county courthouse and get all the appropriate paperwork. You then need to file the paperwork.


Answer by  bitchstewie (489)

You should speak with an attorney first and foremost. The attorney will advise you on how to proceed. You should get your records together and make copies of everything. Try to be as calm and patient as possible.


Answer by  shastie (1601)

You can accept or deny what the other party has offered. The best idea is to get a lawyer to protect you.


Answer by  Disneyphan (529)

It would be best to have an attorney assist you in answering a divorce summons. Once you have an answer drawn up, bring it to the courthouse where you will file it in the court file. Make sure you are open and honest in the answer.

You have 50 words left!