Question by  ChrisJamieson (14)

Can you tell me how to file for joint custody in New York?


Answer by  Arque (81)

Joint Custody is awarded by the court after you make the valid arguement that you are not a danger to the child. File the claim at your local courthouse.


Answer by  HUNM25 (713)

Contact your lawyer and have them file for joint custody. It should be fairly easy to get if you are a woman.


Answer by  CALMAN (49)

One goes to his/her nearest County Court House & request the proper papers.Normally it is a good idea to get a private attorney thought you can file for joint custody without getting an attorney.You must provide substantiation as to why you would be entitled to joint custody.You should provide your employment history, your finances.....


Answer by  patti (29325)

Unless there are serious reservations about a parent's ability to care for a child, the court will grant joint custody. A child has a right to both parents, regardless the problems between them. If you do not have custody, you can file a motion with the Clerk of Courts, attend the motion hour and get a hearing date.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

You are going to need to get a lawyer. You will then have to go to family court and prove that you should have your children.

You have 50 words left!