Question by  Murasaki (21)

Can you still get a divorce when one party will not sign?

My husband will not sign the divorce papers.


Answer by  RNR (129)

You can get divorce even if your husband refuses to sign. Once you proceed with court proceedings, your husband will be asked to appear in court and explain his position.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Yes, you can. This is called a contested divorce. In a contested divorce, you may be forced to go through trial separation. If there are children, you may be ordered into counseling before it goes through.


Answer by  Melissa101010 (4405)

Yes, if he will not sign the papers go ahead and file. If he does not sign the papers then they will run it in the paper and he will only have so many days to sign or it will be final.


Answer by  tschu (417)

I doesn't matter all you have to do is have him served. If he doesn't appear in court to contest the divorce you will be awarded a default judgment.

You have 50 words left!