Question by  AlokPande (68)

Can you re enlist after submitting a dd form 149?


Answer by  patti (29325)

DD 149 is a request to correct a record that is in error or unjust. Re-enlistment would depend on what information was in question and whether it was changed.


Answer by  primatefreak (1616)

A DD149 is used for a correction in your military records. Depends on what was corrected. See Army Career Counselor asap, must be done in specific time frame, check qualifications.


Answer by  maryanita (156)

No, DD Form 149 is an Application for Correction of Military Record. You need to locate and fill out DD FORM 4/1, DD FORM 4/2 and DD FORM 4/3.


Answer by  byrdsoup (58)

You can reenlist post dd form 149 if it results in a better discharge rating. If you were separated with anything that looks negative on your record and the dd form 149 made an improvement to that discharge it will help you reenlist into any service.


Answer by  Jakecutter (1819)

Since a dd form 149 is a submission for request of correction in your file it would depend on the reasons of the request to determine if you can re-enlist.


Answer by  beth14 (133)

This form is used to make a correction in your Military record. There are many factors that determine re-enslistment. Contact your local recruiter or JAG for further guidance.

You have 50 words left!