Question by  van767 (30)

Can you get a divorce on the grounds of abandonment?

I would like a divorce because my husband abandoned me.


Answer by  TheAnswerFairy (2345)

You do not need to have any specific reason to get a divorce. Simply no longer wishing to be married to your husband is reason enough as far as the government and the courts are concerned. But yes, of course being abandoned is a very good reason to end the marriage.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

To do this, you need proof of abandonment. Documents showing that he has legally changed his address or permanent residence are one, like a driver's license. Proof he is living separate from you are another, such as his own utility bills.

You have 50 words left!