Question by  pious57 (112)

Can I put my grandchildren in foster care?

I do not have custody of them but they are being neglected.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Social services determines when a child shall be place in foster care. Report your concerns directly to social services or the agency that concerns itself with the children's welfare.


Answer by  Darry (3853)

You cannot specifically place your grandchildren in foster care, you can, however, report their parent's for neglect. You will need exact and detailed information regarding the neglect, photo or video proof would be much more useful. You need to go to the police department AND the Department of Children and Family Services (or similar agency) to report this.


Answer by  withsmluck (793)

By bringing your concerns to the attention of the social services department, you can recommend that social services place the children in foster care.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Document any neglect. Then report it to Child Protective Services or Department of Children and Families. The state will investigate. If the children are in danger, they will be put in temporary care, with family members having first choice of taking them in.


Answer by  Lynn82 (237)

If you are concerned about your grandchildren's welfare, contact the department of children's services for the state in which they reside. The department will investigate and take action as appropriate.

You have 50 words left!