Question by  maurelhan (13)

Can I put a restraining order on a woman for texting and calling my husband?


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

No, not unless she is harassing you - and your husband must agree with that harassment order in court. A simpler option is to have the phone company block all calls and text messages from all phone numbers that individual is using. Do this for both your home phone and all family cell phones.


Answer by  patti (29325)

The texting woman presents no threat to your safety, so you cannot ask for a protective order. It's up to your husband to resolve the issue by either ignoring her completely, which he apparently is not, or by changing his phone number. The only control you or your husband has is over yourselves, not anybody else.


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

Since the offense is not against you, no you can't. Your husband would need to prove that this is even a harrassment, as opposed to communication with a friend.


Answer by  worker2746 (2434)

You can attempt to put a restraining order on the woman if you can first prove that your husband has asked this person to stop and is in fact harassing him.


Answer by  sherryk (621)

Better yet--if possible find out who her parents are and phone THEM. Enlist their help and explain their daughter's behavior. If they're decent, they'll reign her in and read her the riot act. But be prepared, if your husband's been a willing, guilty participant, it may be a losing battle


Answer by  Isidro (624)

Yes you can do that if you think he is in any serious danger for his health or life in general.


Answer by  heather88 (1897)

I don't think you can. But you could consult a lawyer about it, to know for sure. But I don't think you can, unless she has said she was going to harm someone.

You have 50 words left!