Question by  Newprospector (15)

Can I cancel/annul my marriage or do I go through the divorce process?

I have been married for only 4 months.


Answer by  notenoughfacts (257)

Divorce is a state by state thing, but motivation for annulling a marriage is usually religiously based. Often religious forms of divorce/annulment are best considered by consulting religious leaders. Don't worry, neither spouse is going to get stuff or money belonging to the other after a marriage of four months, or at least it's extremely unlikely.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

Since the marraige is so new you may have grounds for annulment. If you both agree and there are no complications just file at the courthouse.


Answer by  smoon (46)

I believe that most states will allow you to get your marraige annulled if you've been married less than a year. The advantage of an annulment is that you are petitioning to state that your marriage never existed. You do have to complete paperwork and have it go through the courts just as you would a divorce.


Answer by  technogeek (6640)

This depends on which state you got married in. Some states will allow an annulment and others make you divorce. Consult a divorce attorney. It will also depend on if there is going to be a separation of property. These things would all need to go through the court system.


Answer by  Senbagam (138)

You just cancel/annul your marriage rather than taking divorce. Because ,it takes more money and time. If you think you don't want to live with him,it is better.

You have 50 words left!