Question by  sylvias (1)

Are there physicians who accept Medicaid from a patient who needs medical attention but has Medicaid coverage in another state?

I have a uncle who is living with me for 2 months. I live in Durham, NC. He needs to see a physician while he is here visiting. What do I do? Please help. He has SC Medicaid


Answer by  Latin4 (11170)

You need to call the Medicaid office in your area, ask them how this coverage from NC can be used in SC. Or call the doctors office they should know.


Answer by  asdfj99 (41)

Yes, that would be called an emergency room physician. Although it does happen that emergency rooms turn away patients the practice is illegal.


Answer by  John (9008)

He will only be covered if it is truly emergency care, and even then it is questionable. The only safe option is for him to go back to South Carolina.


Answer by  Kelly12 (23)

Emergency care is covered out of state. There are instructions on the back of the medicaid card for out of state providers.


Answer by  lynn (821)

I would just call the drs and ask them or take him to the emergency room they should accept the medicaid there.


Answer by  Kimber (-1)

I am 45 my wt is 300lbs bmi is 46. 99 i an 5'7 dibetic blood presure meds will texas medicade pay for lapband 5'91/2 but wt is caused disc to give out i am in pain all the time sleep apana breathing problems due wtcan tecas medicaid helpwith lapband surgery

You have 50 words left!