Question by  allornothing27 (84)

Are there any grants for education if you are unemployed?

I really need a grant.


Answer by  patti (29325)

You must file a FAFSA to determine your eligibility for federal student financial aid. Eligibility is based on income and dependents. Check in with the Student Financial Aid Advisor at the school you'd like to attend. He/she can direct you to the FAFSA and answer related questions about how student aid works.


Answer by  jenjen90 (240)

Yes, there is the Federal Pell grant and the TEACH grant. They let you get up to a Bachelors and a Masters degree. The federal grant says that you have to be under 24 to get it and in the TEACH grant you can get one at any age. They let you get from $3,500 to $4,000.


Answer by  daintysabrina (148)

There are many grants available for the unemployed. Try seeking financial aide through FAFSA, which is based solely on financial needs. This is money provided by that state, which does not need to be paid back.


Answer by  sc1234 (1319)

Yes, there are normally different education grants, especially now under President Obama. You should go to some of your local government buildings or check the web to see if you are eligible for any of them.


Answer by  Romz (222)

In some states, filing for unemployment then returning to school may result in grant assistance. The federal government along with colleges do provide education grants. They are distributed on an "as needed" basis.

You have 50 words left!