car repairs


Question by  Nijinsky (55)

Where do you go to have the front brakes changed on a Chevrolet Cavalier?

I need to get the brakes changed on my car and do not want to spend the money it would cost to do so at the dealership.


Answer by  Stephen75 (160)

Many "Ma and Pop" places are reliable and offer a very competitive price. Their ability to use a variety of different part brands, and sources make it possible to charge you less than what a dealership can charge. Make sure you ask about warranty on their work. This is usually where the smaller shops lack.


Answer by  Exrugger (19)

A local garage or "Jiffy Lube" type shop should be able to change the front brake pads on your vehicle. Another option if you have a few basic tools it to change them yourself and only pay for the brake pads and saving the labor cost.


Answer by  Amber40 (24961)

Call around to your local auto shops. They should be able to give you an estimate over the phone of how much they would charge you to do the job. Although some may want to look at the car before they give an estimate. If you wanted to save a lot of money you can always do it yourself.


Answer by  heather88 (1897)

You could take it to a repair shop to get it fixed, I don't know if they would charge more or not. But you need to get them fixed and soon. I think you could get an estimate on it from a couple of repair shops. You should go to more than one place though to find the best price.

You have 50 words left!