Question by  trashman (31)

Where can I obtain low cost medical help for a dog that was hit by a car and left on the side of the road?

I found an injured dog and would like to help him but can not afford to pay a vet.


Answer by  sadiesmom (254)

I would explain the situation to a vet. They may be able to help you more with cost knowing that the dog is not yours and that you're just trying to help him or her. There are vets that offer low cost services. Another option would be to contact the local animal shelter to ask for help.


Answer by  boxers3 (550)

Check with your local vet, they may give you a break on the cost of treatment. Another place to look would be a rescue group the deals with the breed you found. They will often help with medical care for injured and homeless dogs. Also look into local vet schools. They often provide low cost care.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

There are some clinics out there that offer low cost Vet care for animals. A trip to the Vet for just a check up is usually around $60 normally.


Answer by  Ashley68 (404)

You can try to find a local SPCA or animal shelter that can provide the necessary help for the dog. You can also try to take him to a normal vet and explain the dog is not yours, and at times for special ocassions they will allow monthly payments.

You have 50 words left!