Question by  Laura14 (51)

Where can I get free advice from an attorney about a judgment?

I have a judgment filed by a creditor that I'd like to dispute, and fight in court. I need to talk to an attorney about how to do this.


Answer by  jossf3d (258)

Most attorneys will talk to you for at least a few minutes for free. Be aware that the attorney is more interested in finding out if there's money in the case for him rather than giving out free advice. If you want to do it yourself a legal aid society would be your best bet.


Answer by  Dean (4035)

You can petition to have the matter heard in the court where it was filed previously. It is likely that the judge will ask why you were not present earlier.


Answer by  Hasan72 (572)

You have to talk with attorney to find out your legal situation and most of the time they give some free minutes for consultation. Meanwhile you should explain your case and ask about his fees. Local office of Legal Aid can also provide you help. And you can also get free consultation from multiple attorneys.


Answer by  notanattorney (6)

Often an initial consultation with an attorney is free, to discuss the case and find out what the fees would be should you go to court. You can explain the problem to him or her and get advice as to how to proceed and what it would cost. You might also try your local office of Legal Aid.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Look for lawyer call in numbers that advertise a free 15 minute consultation. They will tell you whether or not you can fight it.


Answer by  Zoso (869)

One way of understanding your legal situation is to simply talk to an attorney -- most will give you one initial free consultation. They're helpful. If you wish, you can get free consultations from multiple lawyers. Also do some checking into your local Legal Aid Society if any.


Answer by  JRossi17 (788)

You can go in the yellow pages and look for attorneys that offer free consultation. They will usually help you and if they cant they can usually point you in the right direction. If that doesnt help then call the free city lawyers and ask them if they can assist you further.


Answer by  bouks999 (496)

There are many attorneys that you can call that will give you free advice. All you have to do is just look in the phone book. Or if you see some commercials on tv you will see some of them say call now for a free evaluation. There should be some out there will give you advice.

You have 50 words left!