cancer  skin


Question by  westivan (16)

What should I know about dermatology and a possible bcc on my nose?

I think I may have a Basal Cell Carcinoma.


Answer by  dhuoda (1431)

This is a case where you really must get medical advice. A dermatologist will be able to diagnose any skin conditions and prescribe treatment for them. If a carcinoma is a possibility then the dermatologist will refer you to a cancer specialist. It is best to get it looked at.


Answer by  Vllad45 (1886)

Don't panic, first of all. Then, look up pictures online to see if it indeed looks similar. Most importantly, see a dermatologist SOON. The longer you put off having these sites checked out, the worse the eventual procedure could be. There are effective treatments that your doctor can inform you about.


Answer by  Mary39 (521)

A dermatologist is a skin doctor who specializes in the physiology and pathology of the skin. Appropriate treatment depends on the size, location, and characteristics of the tumor. The doctor can take a biopsy of the lesion and sometimes even remove the lesion at the same time. Other times, an individual may be sent to a specialist.

You have 50 words left!