Question by  NaeNae (13)

What should I do if my home has a cracked slab?


Answer by  sharon63 (520)

If you find a cracked slab, first call a qualified contractor to raise your house, remove your slab, and create you a proper basement with footers that will comply with your frost level of your area. Otherwise, you can use crack filler if the crack is minimal. If sheetrock is cracking, you may have major issues with settling.


Answer by  y3636363 (1380)

Well you should basically fill in the slab. Use some concrete and make sure you fill in the crack marks. It's not good to have some cracks in your house. There could be certain leaks in the slab that is why it's better to just fill it in as much as you can.


Answer by  worker47 (27)

Purchase a concrete repair kit or concrete patching compound. You could also mix your own concrete by adding water to it. Spread it into the cracks with a putty knife and smooth it out. Make sure it is very smooth and blends with the existing concrete. Allow it to dry.


Answer by  baggs73 (67)

there really isnt much that you can do and it is not that big of a deal unless it is really bad and you can feel it on the floor. nothing

You have 50 words left!