Question by  EricMontambo (32)

What should I do if my fish ate the algae eater?

My fish ate the algae eater.


Answer by  silverkatcreationsyahoocom (324)

Algae eatters are pretty fragile. I would get a plecostomus. Not as likely to be eatten, they also eat algae and are hardier fish, less likely to be a meal.


Answer by  shannab (117)

Ask an employee at your local petstore if there is a stronger type of algae eater and buy that one. If your fish also eat that algae eater, either just start cleaning your tank yourself or take out the fish the have been eating them


Answer by  SAlexander (31)

Find tank mates that are similar in size. Algea eaters are often small and can fit easily into the mouths of more agressive fish. When buying fish, look at their descriptions, which usually mention their level of aggression. Usually, schooling fish will tolerate other breeds in their tank of similar size. Make sure you have enough space for each fish.


Answer by  shpaz (26)

If your fish ate the algae eater it means that you have very aggression fish. If your alga eater was the Siamese Algae Eater then a solution would be to get a Pleco instead. If you your fish ate your Pleco, in this case use: - Snails. - Medicine. - Reduce the light to Aquarium. - Reduce the amount of nutrients in the water.


Answer by  iggylizard (352)

This is actually very common. Unfortunately, the algae eater is gone. You can consider another one, but it sounds like you have aggressive fish. You may consider a different means of controlling the algae rather than providing your fish with a regular live snack. Some options to consider are chemicals, regular algae scraping, or even snails.

You have 50 words left!