what to do


Question by  shiveedee (15)

What should I do if my ex-boyfriend will not help me with our kids?


Answer by  wallaby78 (2293)

You can get a judge to force him to give you child support. Other than that, there isn't much you can do.


Answer by  John (9008)

If he is refusing to help, you need to turn to the courts. If the children are his, he is obligated to support them financially. You need to get court-ordered child support and avoid playign games with him. Sadly, there is no way to make him contribute more than money.


Answer by  NaturalCowgirl (194)

Leave the option open for him to be with them, but it's better for them to not be around him than to be around when he doesn't want them.


Answer by  jane51 (287)

That is a personal choice, only the people involved know if this a person who should be involved with the kids, there are legal steps to be taken and if he is employed you can get some support


Answer by  Rose (6804)

You should contact a child support attorney or go to child and human services in your state and explain the situation. They will assist you with obtaining court ordered child support.


Answer by  Brett (7986)

From a financial standpoint, you can certainly take him to court. With helping out and or spending time with the kids, there isn't that much you can do, however, I would speak to a family lawyer. They will be able to answer all of your questions pertaining to this subject.

You have 50 words left!