health conditions


Question by  alabama17 (14)

What should I do about an infected cut on my heel?

I had a small blister and cut it while shaving. Now it's inflamed and filled with pus. I don't know what to do. It really hurts, too.


Answer by  Merzkiyi (604)

If you can't see a doctor, make sure you clean it with disinfectant and cover it so that no dirt gets in. Use antiseptic cream, too.


Answer by  PAtobeDU12 (239)

Signs of infection include heat, redness, swelling, pus, and pain. Because the cut is obviously infected, antibiotic treatment is necessary. You should apply an antibiotic cream such as Neosporin to the cut and cover it with a bandage until you can see a doctor. You need to consult your doctor in case the infection requires further antibiotic treatment.


Answer by  John (9008)

If possible, you should see a doctor. Cuts on the foot can be dangerous, because it is an area that is often dirty and circulation is not as good there. For now, you need to keep the cut clean and put an antibiotic ointment, such as Neosporin or Bacitracin, on it several times a day. Keep it bandaged, as well.

You have 50 words left!