dental care


Question by  anilhari5555 (16)

What should be done about tooth decay under crowns?


Answer by  amber33 (1941)

The crown has to be removed by a dentist and depending on where the tooth decay is and how bad it is will determine what needs to be done next.


Answer by  kmac (235)

Besides the obvious of brushing and flossing your teeth daily, I would say you should definitely go to the dentist. The crown might need to be replaced.


Answer by  Mike19 (92)

The crown needs to be removed and the underlying tooth must be assessed for integrity. The tooth may require a filling, root canal, or even to be removed.


Answer by  Rajesh (329)

If their is a tooth decay first you have to do root canal treatment then they fix the crown for the teeth such that the other teeths are protected..


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

If new cavity on the side or outside formed, you need a deeper crown or root canal. If the dentist did not get all the original decay, sue.

You have 50 words left!