Question by  jh (138)

What kind of lawyer is needed for a person hurt at a nursing home?

My grandmother was injured at her nursing home and we need a lawyer.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Get in the phone book and look at the ads placed in the yellow pages by local attorneys. You might also call the Bar Association and ask for referrals to attorneys who specialize in geriatric issues. You should also report the incident to the state authority that monitors and licenses nursing care facilities.


Answer by  Lainie99 (15)

You need to find a Personal Injury Attorney. I would contact your State Bar Association to help you find an appropriate one in your area. Usually a Personal Injury Attorney can work with you without asking for an upfront fee, they just take it out of the ending settlement.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

Any lawyer who has experience in accidents would do but I suggest you find one who has experience with Elder Abuse and Nursing home accident cases. They know more about this particular issue and you will probably be more likely to get the results that you're looking for. Good luck with your search.


Answer by  belle39 (966)

You should get a lawyer who specializes in injury law. You should research these lawyers by getting references from others and look up different websites and the Internet. Good luck.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

Get a trial lawyer and someone who is an advocate and experienced in nursing home abuse. Make sure it is someone who does not mind taking the time to investigate and is passionate about justice. Even better see if they have any personal experience on the subject.


Answer by  angiem1981 (1059)

There are several attorney's available for this and your family attorney may be able to help. However, many civil attorney's often take on these types of cases.


Answer by  kayjsharp (15)

I think that you can easily get a lawyer in case of any miss-happening in nursing homes.You can quickly have the list of personal injury lawyers on net.

You have 50 words left!