Question by  AngelaKay (49)

What is the name of a red wasp?

I've never seen anything like it before.


Answer by  jessgirl2 (319)

Red wasps are called... Red Wasps! If you want to get technical, there are two types, and their scientific names are Polistes carolina and Polistes perplexus.


Answer by  Cecilia (2828)

It's possible it's a red Paper Wasp. They sort of look like the usual yellow and black wasps, but are a bit bigger. They aren't all that aggressive but will sting if threatened. They tend to build large nests that look like they're made of paper tubes.

You have 50 words left!