Question by  KeeyaZ (30)

What is the effect of pink mold?

I have pink mold in my shower.


Answer by  mox386 (66)

Serratia marcescens is unlikely to infect anyone unless they are already ill. The bacteria is unsanitary and is considered a nuisance. Bleach will kill it, but unless the area is dry it will regrow. Keep sugar and starch foods away from it.


Answer by  Sylvia (759)

The nutrient source and age of the mold determines the color. Some molds are more harmful than others. Pink mold eventually turns into black mold which has been known to cause a variety of health issues such as: bronchitis, constant sneezing, sore throat, skin rashes, asthma, eye problems and respiratory problems especially in infants, the elderly etc.


Answer by  jalucia (936)

Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover gets rid of discoloration, but it's stinky. Seventh Generation Shower Cleaner takes a lot of elbow grease and may not totally cure the discoloration issue.


Answer by  bajestar (605)

Your mold might actual be a bacteria called Serratia marcescens. it can lead to infections in adults an children. If you can't remove it with a industrial strength cleaner you might have to call a professional. If is mold it shouldn't be a real problem and a cleaner should help.

You have 50 words left!