Question by  Tz (12)

What is the best treatment for an orthopedic injury of midfoot?

I injured my foot about midway and need treatment options.


Answer by  eyeguy (3760)

Treatment as far as surgical options may not be neccessary depending on the extent of injury. If its a minimal injury simple immobilizing the foot may be the best option.


Answer by  John (9008)

First of all, you need to be seen by a doctor or podiatrist. The only way to tell if you have broken your foot is through x-rays. As for what you can do on your own, you should stay off of it as much as possible, keep it iced, and take an anti-inflamatory such as ibuprofen.


Answer by  Learner (350)

If there is no severe pain (cause may be due to any muscular spasm), a supporting brace can be worn for about 6 weeks. Consult your orthopedist who might ask you to take x-ray, MRI or CT scan depending on the severity of pain and the injury spot. If there is any bone displacement, surgery might be done.

You have 50 words left!