cars  debt  legal


Question by  lmath629 (402)

What is my recourse after having a car repossessed?

I don't think they were right.


Answer by  spragoo (1500)

If they repossessed it because of non-payment then you would have to pay the past due plus the charges that they want to tack on for repossession.


Answer by  maber (1427)

You should have been given a notice that the vehicle was repossessed and you can find information about requesting a court hearing.


Answer by  Ralphie1954 (420)

The first thing you must do is find the original contract that you signed. Then put together all the cancelled checks or other proof of the payments you made. You will need to show copies of all of these to recover your car. If you can show proof that you made your payments then contact your state's attorney general.


Answer by  zepman (25)

The first thing you need to do is contact the finance company as well as gather any recipts of payments you made. If the finance company is correct in repossesing your car find out how much is owed. They will give you the oppurtunity to make a one time payment to bring your account up to date.

You have 50 words left!