real estate


Question by  lauraa (83)

What is involved in adding a name to a property deed?

I'm recently married, and would like to add my husband's name as another owner of my property. What do I need to do?


Answer by  bigmamma26 (34)

Go to a lawyer, have him get all the paper work. When he has it, take your new husband back in to the lawyers office and in front of him, you will both need to resign the deed. He will notorize that he was a witness and you both will be the owners.


Answer by  kenvde85 (32)

My best advise is to go to the title company that did your transaction and they can add a name to the deed with a public notary

You have 50 words left!