Question by  puppiesarebabies (18)

What information can you provide me on a widows pension from a disabled veteran?

My father was a disabled veteran and I need to understand what my mom qualifies for in a widows pension.


Answer by  tfelde1213 (57)

Your mother should be able to contact the local veterans office to inform them that she is a widow and what your fathers disablity was.


Answer by  smiles (44)

Any surviving unremarried spouse or unmarried dependent child can apply for death pension. The deceased veteran must meet certain eligible requirements and the surviving dependent countable income must below a yearly limit which is set by congress. You can go to the Department of Veteran Affairs and download an application.


Answer by  angiem1981 (1059)

The first step is to file for benefits. The VA Administration can be contacted by phone or online concerning these matters if you are not sure what it is you need to file. Your mother may be eligible for other survivors benefits in addition to widows pension.

You have 50 words left!