Question by  RizHash (15)

What doctor do you see for pediatric bipolar syndrome?

It is obvious that my child is suffering from bipolar disorder and I have no idea where to start looking for a doctor.


Answer by  John (9008)

Any child psychiatrist can treat any child with a psychological problem. However, unless your child is a teenager, there is little to no chance that they actually have bipolar disorder, as this disease does not exist in very young children. Your child may have another mental illness, of course, but a child psychiatrist can treat them for any mental illness.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

You should start off by taking your child to his regular doctor and telling him that you think your child is bipolar. Once he's determined if your child is Bipolar your doctor will refer you to the people that will help your child. Your doctor will know good doctors who specialize in Bipolar children, but he needs to be diagnosed.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

See your pediatrician. They can refer you to a psychologist for behavioral analysis and treatment. If medication is needed, only a psychiatrist or pediatric neurologist has the authority to prescribe medication.


Answer by  wantabemedic (345)

If can go to your child's personal pediatric physican and ask for names and phone numbers to reputable child psychiatrist. You could possibly contact a county mental health department and ask them if they have pediatric psychiatrist or if they have names and phone numbers for local ones.

You have 50 words left!