health conditions


Question by  comalua (27)

What doctor do I go see for a toe nail fungus?


Answer by  nicolebrodeur (206)

For what appears to be a manageable condition, you are probably able to simply look up a local podiatrist. In extreme circumstances, it is possible that you might be better off just going to the emergency room of the nearest hospital. However, in most parts of the country there is no "fungus doctor. "


Answer by  gabriella10 (353)

A general or family doctor can prescribe medication and treat toe nail fungus. In most of the cases it's not necessary to go to a dermatologyst. In some cases, infected toe nail needs to be removed my surgery; in this case a specialist will be necessary.


Answer by  soapjunkie (581)

See a podiatrist or foot doctor to help get rid of toenail fungus. The podiatrist will prescribe an oral antifungal medication, file the infected nail, trim it, and then apply prescription topical cream or ointment to the infected area.


Answer by  benjiross (993)

A general physician should be able to treat a toe nail fungus adequately and is authorized to do so. If this is a resistant case you can see a dermatologist for further advice.


Answer by  Melissa101010 (4405)

Look in the yellow pages for a poditrist. If your not comfortable with doing that call your family physician and get them to refer you to someone.


Answer by  sanesh (86)

You should , visit an orthopedic doctor , specialising in foot and toe infections. doctor will soak your, feet in vinegar+water, then bleach+water. Finally fungus has to be removed.

You have 50 words left!