Question by  Nahara (43)

What do I do if I have been served with eviction papers?

I would like to work something out with my landlord.


Answer by  NGoodson (3395)

You would need to work out an agreement with your landlord that is to their satisfaction, but really all you can do is get current on your rent.


Answer by  Jesse68 (126)

Being served eviction papers can be overwhelming, However, once the papers are in order it is kind of hard to reverse. If you want to work it out with your landlord without being evicted you need to do so in a timely manner. However, if your landlord denies what you have to offer, you must vacate the premises.


Answer by  1412 (37)

I'm assuming you did not pay your rent or destroyed something; the only reasonable and lawful thing for you to do is to pay damages.


Answer by  timmsa (577)

You can try and contact the landlord. But if you have been served there is little chance that the landlord would be willing to work something out. Your best bet at this point is to file a response with the court and then go to your hearing.


Answer by  bri11 (171)

Be sure to go to Court on the day of the hearing. If you want to try to work something out with your landlord ahead of time, go ahead.

You have 50 words left!