home remedies


Question by  Angela (36)

What can you use or do to help with a toothache?


Answer by  Darry (3853)

Orajel or Anbesol are over the counter products that are effective at reducing pain from toothaches and mouth injuries. Other options include using Tylenol and cold compresses on the outside of the affected area. Sometimes chewing sugar free gum can help as the chewing can pull trapped food or other debris from the area that may be causing the pain.


Answer by  jesmeg32 (48)

First and formost see your dentist. An infected tooth that has not been repaired can cause you to need a root canal. Until then use orajel to numb it. Also, you can apply an ice pack to the outside of your face. Also, taking some pain medication such has acetaminaphin or ibuprofin should help.


Answer by  mcsaripkin (73)

Although the logical and best answer would be to have that tooth pulled, many people found that rinsing their mouths with salt water tends to ease the pain. Because of the curative (as in curing meat) nature of salt, the salinity of the water coats the cause of the ache, and basically cauterizes the area, relieving the pain.


Answer by  Trueakitalover (1728)

If you can't get relief quickly, then this usually helps me out when I have a toothache is to take a teabag heat it up, put it on to the tooth that is bothering me. It usually soothes that ache also. Take a pain reliever also that helps. Do get to a dentist ASAP!

You have 50 words left!